Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Your total is $13.95"

"Your total is $13.95." WHAT?! You heard it right. It costs thirteen dollars and 95 cents for a 2 PASSPORT PICTURES. Can you believe that? It took the lady at UPS 5 minutes to take the picture and print it out, yet she is able to charge a ridiculous amount of money for her "hard labor."

We did try to go to CVS Pharmacy first for their services, but their machine was down. Still, at CVS 2 passport photos cost $9.99. I think that's kind of crazy.

For those math people, lets put CVS' prices it into perspective.

5 minutes = $9.99

This translates to:

1 hour (60 minutes) = $119.88

Wait, did you read that right? 5 minutes of labor makes them $119.88!!!!
The Passport itself is pretty darn expensive too! But, visualizing myself sitting in my grandparent's living room in La Paz, with the mountains on the horizon, makes everything better.

You know, I think I'd be a lot more frustrated if I actually had to pay the $13.95!!!

But regardless, I'm $13.95 closer to my journey. Watch out, Bolivia, Here I Come.


No comments:

Post a Comment